Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do I tell her how I feel and risk everything?

I've known this girl for a while (over 8 years), and over the course of those years, her and I have become best friends. She is practically my sister. However, in addition to becoming such close friends, I have had romantic feelings that come and go. I'll have them for a time, and then they will subside, only to come back. There have been other girls in between, girls whom I have dated, girls whom I've been interested in, however this one girl, my best friend, always remains the constant.





And so I am currently experiencing feelings for her, stronger than I ever had. Feelings for her that I do not think I should have, but feelings for her nonetheless. I am afraid though to risk our friendship. She means the world to me, and if we try something and it doesn't work out, I would have lost her as a friend, something I do not want to do. But I want nothing more than to tell her how I feel, sweep her off her feet, so to speak.





I know though that she doesn't want anything more from me than the friendship that we currently share. She has made it known that she is unwilling to risk out friendship, because losing it would kill her. And she has made it known that she views me as a brother, and attempting anything romantic would be awkward and just plain outright strange.





However, despite that, a few months ago, we made a deal: if both of us were single in a years time, that perhaps things were meant to be between us, and we would talk about the possibility of trying something more.





My question is this: what can I do? I feel helpless because a) I want to tell her how I feel because I think we could have something special, b) I know she doesn't want anything and c) I don't want to lose her as a friend. So what should I do?Do I tell her how I feel and risk everything?
IT IS INEVITABLE!!! ... any time when a guy and gal spend time together, there will be mutual sexual attraction even if both are not attracted to each other in the beginning ... She says Going to the Next Level will Kill Her? ... Then KILL HER SOFTLY with your sweet nothing words, and let her die happily in your arms! Good Luck!Do I tell her how I feel and risk everything?
Maybe you should wait a while before making a move, but if you have those kind of feelings you should definitely give it a go. If it doesn't work out, chances are you'll still be really good friends. Over 8 years of knowing each other is too long to be ruined by taking your relationship a step too far. And if it DID ruin your friendship, maybe you aren't as good friends as you thought. Sorry, I know that last line is super cheesy. Good luck with her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment