Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I tell my mom I want to live with my dad instead?

My parents got divorced when I was 8. I'm now 15, so it's been 7 years. We have a big family, but since I was the youngest, and the only one not in their last years of high school or graduated when this happened, I was the one whom my parents fought over. I dealed with my parents constant fighting over me for years, trips to the courthouse, lawyers and the judge asking me what I wanted, trying to use my words or someone elses against the other parent. I hated it. And I always felt it unfare that they asked an 8 year old to choose between parents, especially since I didn't want to choose and asked for it to be equal. And even after the divorce, they still fought over me. Over who got me over what weekend, what weekday, what holiday, what half of the summer. I was always carted back and forth.


Then my dad left for a year or two to another state for his job, so I was stuck with my mom, who technically has custody of me, and it feels like likes to shove that fact in my dad's face. My dad's always been my best friend, we've always understood one another for the most part, and we've never really had a real fight, and he's always taken such good care of me, made sure I had what I needed most, and wanted, and always put me first for the most part. Mine and my mother's relationship isn't as great. We fight all the time, and I basically try to stay out of the house and under the radar as much as possible. It's been like this for years. It doens't feel like she takes any interest in my life or activites, she just carts me around to where I need to be, and she never wants to do anything with me. She fights to have me at her house so much and then does nothing when I'm here. My grandfather also lives with us, whom I hate. I know it's terrible, but it's true. And she takes better care of him than of me sometimes it feels like. It's his interests first. I love my mom more than anything, just like my dad, and I don't want to hurt her, it's the last thing that I want to do, really. It's why I can't just go up to her and say ';I want to live with dad.'; I know it'd hurt her, and probably cause her to be bitter. But I've talked about it with my dad and he basically said that I need to think about what I think I need the most right now. And I really think I need to live with my dad, but I don't know how to tell this to my mom without hurting her, and having her shut me out more. Please help.How can I tell my mom I want to live with my dad instead?
by telling here that you want to spend more time with dad

No comments:

Post a Comment