Friday, August 20, 2010

How creepy is my husband's relationship with his mother?

I met his mother when we flew up for the funeral of his aunt (his mom's sister). He had warned me that his family were ';kind of hillbillies'; Which I thought was no big deal as I didn't grow up privileged, don't have a great education, and certainly am not wealthy now.


When we got of the plane we went directly to his cousins house and upon entering i was confronted with several relatives of my husband's all of whom had been drinking. His mother briefly hugged me and the pushed me aside to greet her only child (my husband).


we all sat down and she immediately started demanding my husband buy her a new phone as the one he had just bought her wasn't the one she wanted. (mind you this was a very expensive phone and HE pays the bill) he apologized to her and jumped up to make her a cocktail.


the next ten minutes was spent with her practically sitting on his lap pretending not to understand how to work her phone and leaning in to his face and playing with his hair. I decided to go outside for a smoke and they followed. Where they begun to refer to each other using pet names like ';darling'; and ';sweetie';. She held onto his arm the entire time and lit his cigarettes for him.


Once inside again she went into a furious rant about how her surviving sister wanted to sing a song at the funeral, which was the next day, and she was not going to allow it, I innocently asked ';what song was she wanting to sing'; and my mother in law turned to me with the most venomous hate I have seen in ages and loudly said ';IF YOU ASK I WILL ***** SLAP YOU';


I don't come from a family that uses this kind of language, particularly around people we have just met, so I was horrified and said nothing the rest of the night.


At the funeral she insisted sitting between us with her and picked pieces of hair off his jacket and caressed his hair and face for a solid 30 minutes. while he continue to call her sweetie and darling and she to him.


It left me feeling sickened.





Now as it stands she calls constantly and has other members of his family call for her and its always about drama, like her trying to get him to beat up the boyfriend of some random other family member. he sends her money all the time and continues to pay for her cell phone yet I have to pay ALL of our household bills because he is ';broke';.How creepy is my husband's relationship with his mother?
girl your momma in law is a freak and did u talk to your husband about that cause it creepy. you should tell him to turn off his moms phone and help u with the billsHow creepy is my husband's relationship with his mother?
Was there a banjo playing in the back ground? If he is not contributing to the household expenses, kick it to the curb. Send him back to mama. It's that simple. Sorry if you had kids with this weirdo, sounds like there could be some inbreeding in the family tree.
super. creepy.
She either doesn't like you personally or doesn't like the idea that her son is being taken away by some other woman as she seems obssessed with her son. Weird.
Hella weird it is almost like they are the ones married
thats kinda weird.
BEYOND WEIRD...................I SMELL INCEST...........





HEY, HE GAVE YOU THE HEADS UP....
';At some point, the child realizes that there is a difference between their mother and their father. Around the same time they realize that they are more alike to one than the other. Thus the child acquires gender.


The child may also form some kind of erotic attachment to the parent of the opposite sex. Whilst their understanding of the full sexual act may be questioned, some kind of primitive physical sensations are felt when they regard and think about the parent in question.';





Some just don't grow up. Be afraid?? Perhaps you should, perhaps you should.
this is so creepy. she is very obsessed with her son, and he doesn't seem to mind. if not encourage it, however she feels towards him he obviously feels the same way. you need to talk to him about it and tell him how they are acting is romantic and not normal or appropriate and it freaks you out. if he gets deffensive, they may have had some sexual involvment.

No comments:

Post a Comment