Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with an obsessive person?

I've known this girl for a decade, both in primary and secondary school [where we are now]. We never were close, until we began high school, where she started latching onto me. She started to copy my mannerisms and appearance, and use me for competition in everything from grades to friends. I confronted her about such, and during a brief period I spent at another school [for various reasons], she became rather bitter, and even violent at points- she tried to push me into a road. Upon my return, she tried to patch things back up.





As time has gone on, she's gotten worse. The girl's always been immature for her age and rather hyper [whereas I'm the opposite way], but now she's become obsessive and possessive to an almost dangerous point. I'm not allowed to talk to other people without her presence [she even talks for me at times], she's constantly trying to hug me or touch me [I hate physical things as such], she drains me. She never supports me, yet expects me to listen to all of her concerns. She's also blatantly homophobic in front of me, which she knows I'm a little sensitive about.





It's been on my mind even more lately, because friends and classmates keep commenting to me about her behaviour. She has been stirring up trouble and upsetting people for her own entertainment, and she lies through her teeth. My mother said the other day when she was in hysterical laughter that it was 'almost frightening'.





I tried to think of reasons why she'd be like this, any difficulties she might have had or be having. But she doesn't. She doesn't have a mental disorder, she has a happy, stable home life and a rather supportive family. She isn't being bullied either. Her life is average.





I've tried to confront her about things, but she never changes her ways. And I have to room and travel with her on a school trip, for 4 days. She's in all of my lessons, and although I've blocked her on social networking sites and instant messaging, I can't block her from real life.





I have no idea what to do. She won't leave me alone.How to deal with an obsessive person?
OK.this HAS to stop


You need to do something about this SOON,before it gets too out of hand to cope with.


At school,TALK to your teacher about how out of hand the situation is,and get your Mum to speak to the principal or headmaster/mistress of your school. Tell your teacher all of the points you've listed here and explain how upset it is making you and you just want it OVER with. At school, do not talk to her as much as usual. If you blank someone,they usually become bored and will stop.


If this DOESN'T work,then go to your teacher again until the problem is resolved. Also, with your Mum,speak to the principal, and an option of swapping classes? Try talking to your OTHER friends,explaining how much you really love them,and ask them to be your partner for things.When the obsessive girl asks to be your partner or sit next to you, politely tell them no sorry I am with so-and-so. This will maybe aggravate them and they can move on. Keep this GOING!


So DO these:


1.Speak to your Mum about seeing the principal.


2.Speak to your TEACHER.


3.Speak to your friends.


4.Just go up to the girl,AND BE BRUTAL! 'I do not want to spend MY WHOLE TIME WITH YOU!'


Hope this HELPS! :)How to deal with an obsessive person?
Ok listen here are some options:


1. Tell a teacher or an adult you trust.


2. Try to blank her out get some new friends and ignore her.


3. Move away from the area.


4. Go to a different school.


and maybe you shouldn't go on the trip with her..


I hope I helped! :D
Well you call her and tell her to back off and give you some space for a while! you should find some new friends and rub it in her face! no jk tell her how you feel, and if she still keeps bothering you tell her parents or talk to them about her.
is this a lovers spat?? or just some crazed girl?? either way I think you should put some distance between you two. she has issues and needs help..
I think you should try distancing from her and if she becomes violent you should talk to the principal and maybe get a restraining order she sounds kinda crazy.
She needs help.





She's jealous of you and not respecting your need for space


Stand up to her firmly and tell her the home-truths to her


I think generally she's greedy-selfish and unhappy within


her own life. Plus jealous as well.





I think she is mental hunni
You write: She doesn't have a mental disorder





I think you are wrong there. From what you've described, I think she does have a problem.





It is time for you (and your parents!) to bring this girl's problem to the attention of others . . . trusted teachers, your principal, your guidance counselor.





If the young lady is constantly touching you and will not allow you to talk with others, then you are certainly right to bring these concerns to the principal and request action. This does not sound like a safe situation for you at all.
sorry m8 dont know what to say.


perhaps u should approach her parents as a first call.


see what thier responce is and go from there .


good luck
I had a friend just like this, we were friends for years (my mum would say ';but you've been friends for 9 years, your like sisters.'; which made it harder to break up.my friend was VERY controlling and wouldnt like me talking to anyone else, she would be very clingy and be really embarressing. I tryed to ignore her to try and stop her being so clingy, but nothing worked. So in the end i just told her the truth, honesty is the best policy. hope everything goes alright (Y) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment