Friday, August 20, 2010

How much do i get paid to be on the radio?

I am a rapper. I have a connection with this lady who has an am radio station. She said if i send her my music and it has a copywrite and paper work and stuff, that I will be paid for it. Im just wondering how much they will pay, like the price range. Dnt tell me that I wnt get paid and Im the one who has to pay them, no i dont, the woman told me herself. Thanks.How much do i get paid to be on the radio?
i used to work in radio and they had to pay ascap and bmi $3000/mo to play any music which was copyrighted. this money was arbitrarily divided by ratings and play time which we had to supply every so often. if you figure most songs hover around 3 mins, and thus about 10-15 songs per hour allowing for other programming like commercials and news, psa, etc, an average of 4.3 weeks per mo...


i'd guess no more than $10/mo.How much do i get paid to be on the radio?
I don't care what she told you, you won't see any money. Don't sign anything unless you fully understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment