Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to prepare for my puppy's spay?

She's a little over 6 months and I want to get her spayed this week since I heard it'll help them in the long run. I'm a little concern since she's my first puppy and I don't know how to prepare for this.





My family has been feeding her table food behind my back since I don't allow it. But now I'm being very strict with not giving her table food and she's barely eating her puppy food. Is it a good idea to bring her to the vet like this? Or should I wait until she gets back on diet?





She's a very hyper and playful puppy. I'm wondering what are the chances of her having a completely different personality after her spay? Please share your experiences with me. Thank you.How to prepare for my puppy's spay?
Getting your puppy spayed is not a big deal. Don't freak out. You need to get her back her good puppy good but don't have to worry about that in relation to being spayed. Also, her personality is not going to change.How to prepare for my puppy's spay?
If you really want to help her health in the long run - wait until she is at least 12 months old before you have her spayed (just my opinion).


But having her spayed is very responsible of you.





She will be fine going to the vet as long as her pre tests come back saying she is stable enough for the operation.


When you can make your family listen to you - the dog will go back to the kibble as soon as she figures out that nothing else will be presented to her in the form of a meal. She won't want to starve.
Not to worry. Spaying won't hurt you a bit......or your dog.
She will do good and its going o be good for her. I had a dog just like yours and she did great with it. ANd she didn't change at all. Good Luck with your dog
I answered this same question earlier...well not the same, somebody else asked but anyway..





There's no need to worry...It's best to have your puppy spayed because you won't have the shock one day that she's pregnant...





Apart from not having the attention from male dogs, nothing should be different..
I am a fan of spaying/neutering however I suggest waiting until the pup has fully grown to adult size as if done prior it could hamper her growth.





Hormones are released that help in a pup growing.





Studies have been done which prove that if done to early the development of the pup can be at risk.





Such as the legs will grow much longer, hip and joint problems etc...





also





Loss of estrogen; the female sex and growth hormone can result in





Intervertebral disk disease





Myasthenia Gravis; muscle weakness





Altered moods leading to nervousness, separation anxiety, and digestive disorders





Doubled risk of splenic hemangiosarcoma





Five times the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma





Causes urinary “spay incontinence”





Three to four times the risk of urinary tract infections





Increased risk of recessed vulva, vaginal dermatitis, and vaginitis
Just make sure she doesn't eat dinner the night before or breakfast the day of her surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment