Monday, August 16, 2010

I am having problems with my adopted daughter how should i discpline her?

I am the proud mother of two adopted children, they are a blessing. My 4 year old daughter who i recently adopted is acting out. I know that its due to this adoption and her home life with her biological parents abuse. I feel guilty punishing her for the things she is doing but i cant let her think she can get away with anything. How should i Handle this?I am having problems with my adopted daughter how should i discpline her?
The same way you would discipline the other child. Even though she has been through bad things, she still needs boundaries to grow up to be well-adjusted.


Boundaries and discipline are not abuse. Just make sure she knows WHY she is not allowed to do (whatever she was doing.) Make the punishment appropriate for her age (like not getting to watch Backyardigans or something she likes), time outs, etc.I am having problems with my adopted daughter how should i discpline her?
i think she kinda knows that you are a bit scared to disipline her so thats why shes being naughty


Shout at her


Send her to her room





treat her like shes your kid





x
You should have a talk with her every time she acts out. A quiet discussion of why her behavior is wrong and assurances that you love her and will not abuse her. But, she will get a time out. Good luck.
Treat just as you would any child, she can't be misled that she is above punishment. She would much rather be treated like everyone else in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment