Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to tell my landlord I'm moving out?

Today my landlord told me that my roommate will be moving out in a week and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to rent the room to let her know. Anyway, I have been contemplating moving out for a week now and have been looking at places and I think I found an apartment of my own. The thing is that today after telling my roommate was moving out my landlord made a comment like, ';well at least you're staying with us.'; Now I feel uncomfortable telling her that next month will be my last month living here. How do I tell her I'll be moving out?How to tell my landlord I'm moving out?
GoodbyeHow to tell my landlord I'm moving out?
Use your vocal cords and mouth to project a sound called words. If used in the correct way the landlord will comprehend that you are moving out.





Here's some points to remember:


Business is business. Remember that for the rest of your life


And you'll probably never see her again so it doesn't really matter.


And people move on and things change. It's life
You just have to tell her that it looks like you'll be moving as well. If you have a deposit ready for a place and you're ready to move in then you really need to tell them you'll be moving on such-n-such a date. Look over your lease most places want a months notice if you're moving.
If your lease only requires a one month notification then don't worry about it. Give them the notification in writing and let her know on a personal level that you will let anyone who is looking for a room that she is a great landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment