Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I talk to a friend that I haven't talked to in a year?

This girl that I really liked that I met last year in school moved to a different school not to far away. We both liked each other, but i never asked her out because we both were already in a relationship. Please don't give me that crap that I should just tell her how I feel immediately. I wan't to know how I should text her and not sound like a creep, which I frequently am.How do I talk to a friend that I haven't talked to in a year?
Say hey.How do I talk to a friend that I haven't talked to in a year?
say hey, how uve been?
say hi and ak how was her life past yrs.........
Is she the type of person where you guys could pick up where you left off? Or is your current relationship with her more of a catch-up and ease into it?





If it's the second, I would start slowly. If you still really like her, hold back on expressing your feelings and find out how she's been? How is the new town, school, etc.? How has that made her feel? Does she miss anyone? Are things different or the same?





You've got to ease into it by letting her get accustomed to talking to you again, or yes you will sound like a creep. Which obviously you don't want to. Remember, you've got to start with a conversation and it needs to last a while, over several conversations. Whatever you do, don't appear needy or desperate. I know, it's going to be a lot to keep track of! But if you are still interested in her, I think you'd take your time.





How do you start? Well, did you normally communicate by phone, text, email, facebook, etc.? Start with whatever it was that you last used to talk. Let her know that you and other people she went to school with miss her presence, and go from there. She's also experiencing something new, so let her speak if need be. And give her some space too if she seems to drop hints.
whats the big deal? people loose contact all the time.....I don't understand the creepy part... but text/call/write...whatever just contact her and say she's been on your mind lately and you've been meaning to call to ask how things have been.....it's not rocket science just communication buddy...and stop being creepy

No comments:

Post a Comment