Monday, August 16, 2010

How to ask guests at a shower to fill out an envelope?

I am a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding and for her shower we are asking guest to fill out an envelope with their address. These will become the envelopes she sends her thank you cards out in. She was in my wedding and did this for me and it saved me a ton of time and writing. I am going to put the envelopes out on a table with pens and a request for guests to fill them out. I need help with wording if you have any ideas. Thanks!How to ask guests at a shower to fill out an envelope?
I went to a shower once where the hostess had purchased the thank you notes for the bride to coordinate with the shower invites and then had a drawing that all the guests entered by filling out their name and address on the envelopes, she then drew one randomly and that person won a prize.How to ask guests at a shower to fill out an envelope?
Nothing says ';Thank you for the gift. I really appreciate the thought you must have given to pick out something so lovely for me. Unfortunately, I'm much to busy being a bride and all it entails to address my own envelope, so you may as well do me one more favor.'; than asking your guests to supply a self-addressed envelope to the guest of honor. Why don't you ask them to bring a stamp too?
I think it's a great idea. Perhaps you could put a favor on the table in pretty envelopes for attending the shower.





The sign could say -


'; Take One and Leave One





We are so grateful to our friends and family for participating in this special event. We would like to invite you to take one of our colorful envelopes and also to leave one behind for our Bride. Please write your address on our blank envelopes and leave them in the basket.





Many Thanks,





The Bridesmaids';





Here are some cute cheap favor ideas


http://www.weddingfavordiscount.com/Popu鈥?/a>
Put the envelopes in nice basket with a note that says ';At the request of the happy couple, please complete an envelope with your name and address and leave in the basket.';





Don't forget to make a few verbal announcements too!

No comments:

Post a Comment